We are pleased to support our students and issue letters of recommendation for a scholarship, internship, applications for companies and master programs in Germany and abroad.
The requirement for a letter of recommendation is the successful completion of at least one course of the professor from whom you want to have the letter..
Please note the following:
- We will not issue a letter of recommendation without a personal interview with you. In this interview, you should be prepared to explain your motivation for the application and to demonstrate your qualifications. Please do consider that impressions from this interview are no full replacement of indicative test results or written/oral contributions during courses at our chairs.
- Please note that it will take at least six weeks from the point of handing in the documents to the completion of the letter of recommendation.
- In addition to your request for a letter of recommendation, please send the following documents by e-mail to the responsible secretary:
- Indicative CV including working reference
- Current overview of grades (HisQis-printout) and final grad certificate
- Declaration of completed courses at the Chair of Southeast Asia Studies or the Chair of Comparative Development and Cultural Studies – Southeast Asia, including grades
- Address of the organization at which you are applying
- Requirements regarding the letter of recommendation: as recommendations are demanded in various forms by different institutions, it is your responsibility to inform us about the corresponding requirements