- Search engines
- Algorithmic bias
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computational methods
- Computational Social Sciences
Search Engines as Tools for Foreign Influence: A Case-Study of Russia's Influence Abroad.
- According to agreement
Since October 2020
- Teaching and Research Assistant at the chair of Science Communication with Prof.Dr. Hannah Schmid-Petri at the University of Passau
Since December 2019
- Research Assistant and Doctoral Student at the Chair of Political Communication with a focus on Eastern Europe and the post-Soviet region within the ERC Consolidator Grant Research Group: The Consequences of the Internet for Russia's Informational Influence Abroad (RUSINFORM) with Prof.Dr. Florian Töpfl at the University of Passau
October 2019 to January 2020
- Lecturer for “Web Scraping for Social Sciences" at Technische Universität Berlin
May to November 2019
- Research Assistant at Emmy Noether-Forschungsgruppe "Mediating (Semi-)Authoritarianism. The Power of the Internet in the post-Soviet World" at Freie Universität Berlin
2016 to 2019
- Tutor for „Introduction into Media and Communication Science“ at Freie Universität Berlin
2015 to 2019
- Student Assistant at Emmy Noether-Forschungsgruppe "Mediating (Semi-)Authoritarianism. The Power of the Internet in the post-Soviet World" at Freie Universität Berlin
Kravets, Daria (Jan 2021). Search Engines and Foreign Influence: Google as a Mediator of Russian Influence during the 2020 Belarusian Presidential Election. PolComm Research Workshop REEE-Series. Online.
Kravets, Daria & Töpfl, Florian (Nov 2019). Gauging Content and Precision Bias Over Time: How Russia’s Leading Search Engine Yandex Mediated an Anti-Regime Protest Event. DigiKomm2019 Conference “Automating Communication in the Networked Society: Contexts, Consequences, Critique," Berlin, Germany.
Kravets, Daria & Töpfl, Florian (Apr 2019). Ranking the Past: How Search Engines Construct Memories of Opposition Protests in Authoritarian Russia. 7th International Conference Comparative Media Studies in Today’s World, St. Petersburg, Russia.
2016 to 2019
- Master's studies in Media and Political Communicateion at Freie Universität Berlin and at the University of Melbourne, Australia
2013 to 2016
- Bachelor's studies in Media and Communication Science and Computer Science at Freie Universität Berlin