Communication Science at the University of Passau is represented by the following professors and the affiliated academic staff:
- Professor Oliver Hahn, Professor of Journalism
- Professor Ralf Hohlfeld, Chair of Communication Studies
- Professor Thomas Knieper, Chair of Digital and Strategic Communication
- Professor Hannah Schmid-Petri, Chair of Science Communication
- Professor Florian Töpfl, Chair of Political Communication with a Focus on Eastern Europe and the Post-Soviet Region
Communication Science at the University of Passau is mainly represented in the Bachelor programme “Journalism and Strategic Communication” and in the Master programme “Communication in Digital Societies”. The degree courses impart profound knowledge of empirical communication science combined with elements of practical training.