Between January 2013 and June 2016, the Chair for International Politics at the University of Passau coordinated the international and interdisciplinary research project "Tunisia in Transition".
The project aimed at setting up a German-Tunisian research group, which analyses the transformation of the Arab world, Tunisia's foreign policy as well as European foreign policy(-ies) towards the MENA-region (Middle East and North Africa). Funding was provided by the German Foreign Ministry through the German Academic Exchange Service.
The following Tunisian partner institutions took part in the project:
- Faculty of Law and Political Science at the University Tunis-el Manar (FDSPT)
- Faculty of Legal, Political and Social Sciences at the University of Carthage (FSJPST)
- Faculty of Arts and Humanities at the University of La Manouba (FLAH)
- Institute of Press and Communication Sciences at the University of La Manouba (IPSI)
- Institute of Work and Social Studies at the University of Carthage (INTES)
- Faculty of Arts and Humanities at the University of Sousse
On the Tunisian side, the project was coordinated by Salma Besbes in Tunis and Tasnim Abderrahim in Gabès. In addition, the Chair of International Politics cooperated closely with the Institute of Near and Middle Eastern Studies at the Ludwig-Maximilans-University of Munich (Prof. Andreas Kaplony). In Passau, the Chair of Journalism was further associated with the project (Prof. Oliver Hahn).
- Final Project Meeting in Tunis, September 2016
- Team meeting in Passau to finalise the book manuscript, April 2016
- Joint Closing Session in Tunis, November 2015
- German-Tunisian authors' workshop in Passau, October 2015
- Scientific writing workshop in Tunis, April 2015
- Methodology workshop in Tunis, February 2015
- Authors' workshop in Passau, November 2014
- Coordination Meeting in Tunis, June 2014
- IR Research and Writing Workshops in Tunis, May 2014
- Joint Workshop in Munich, October 2013
- Seminar on Methods in the Social Sciences, Tunis, June 2013
- visit of the Tunisian ambassador Elyes Ghariani in Passau, May 2013
- Doctoral colloquium at La Manouba University, Tunis, May 2013.
- Research and Methods seminar in Tunis, March 2013.
Our Project Assistant Ignaz Völk regularly compiled press Rrviews of German and international press articles on Tunisia.