Students who would like to have credits acquired abroad recognised by our department must apply for the corresponding Learning Agreement (LA) at the department before their stay abroad. It will define which course abroad will be recognised for a corresponding course of the Chair of Intercultural Communication upon successful completion beforehand. This regulation applies to students of all faculties. Only a Learning Agreement which has been checked and fully completed in terms of content, guarantees a problem-free recognition of the credits.
As soon as you have been admitted to study at the foreign university, you should look into the courses offered and apply for a Learning Agreement early on. Due to a large number of requests, it can take several weeks for the Learning Agreement to be reviewed and confirmed.
The prerequisite for recognition is that the course content, examination modalities and workload (ECTS) largely correspond to those of the course at the home university.
If the prerequirements are fullfilled, please proceed as follows:
- Find out about the courses offered by your host university and select courses from these that are suitable for your study profile and that have a connection to the main teaching areas of our department (see Courses).
- When choosing a course at the host university, have a look at the qualification goals of the module in which you want to contribute your work (see general information on recognition). To help you decide, you can inform yourself about the courses offered by our department and search for possible courses with similar content to the course which it will be substituting of your home university. This is especially indispensable for the later booking in HISQIS.
- Write an application for each individual course abroad that is to be recognised by us. In each case, you have to fiill out thecorresponding form as completely as possible and submit it to the chair for review. The course description (Course Syllabus) must be submitted in English or German.
- In the next step, we will double check whether we can recognise your course at our department. Please send the application by e-mail to Tuzienka Chenet Ugarte.
- Within the following weeks, we will inform you whether we can provide you with a Learning Agreement. After you have signed it, you can pick it up at the office during office hours or have it picked up with a corresponding power of attorney.
- In addition to the Learning Agreement, you will receive a grade report form in English. The foreign university must confirm your grade on this form. Only then can the grades be converted later and transferred to your HISQIS points account.
- After completion of the stay abroad:
- Students of the Faculty of Humanities and the Faculty of Economic Sciences submit their Learning Agreement together with their grade report to the programme coordination of the Faculty of Humanities. They will confirm the the recognition and the grade will be converted. The performance can then be booked by the Examination Office.
Please also note the information provided by the Programme Coordination Office on recognition and grade conversion.
Please also note the updated general conditions of the new ERASMUS+ programme.
If you have any further questions, please contact a member of our team. Please understand that general enquiries regarding recognition cannot be answered until we have received a corresponding application for a Learning Agreement.