Professor of Journalism (Oliver Hahn, PhD)
The Chair of Journalism conducts basis related empirical social scientific as well as application-oriented professional fieldwork for Journalism (common good communication) and kindred professions of strategic communications as Public Relations (PR), corporate and organizational communications. The particular focus of the Chair of Journalism at the ZMK is on the crossmedia changes in careers. This is owed to the media change / technical media innovations. The focus is on the international comparative and collaborative journalism research.
Specifically, the following topics are handeld:
- "Journalism cultures and media systems in international comparison", which direct a particular focus on European and non-European phenomena and analyze foreign correspondent and foreign correspondents. The focus is on glocalizing media, trans- and inter-cultural and multi-lingual media.
- "European communication" examines the EU-journalism and the paradigm of European Public Sphere(s).
- "Media in the Arab world" explores the conflict, crisis and war reporting from this region against the backdrop of local media transformation.
- "Public / Media Diplomacy" as a foreign policy governmental PR instrument is in the focus of efficiency and effectiveness in the context of a comprehensive communication controlling. Here will be also the measures of media development cooperation (CET) critically and risk communication (e. g. media and climate change) studied.
- "International protest movements of civilian communications via conventional media and social media" illuminates the changes in journalism in the context of new lay services.