We are happy to support suitable students with letters of reference. This applies to reports for scholarships and internships as well as letters of reference for admission to Master's programmes in Germany and abroad.
Contact persons at the department are the respective lecturers with whom you have attended seminars and courses.
Please consider the following when requesting an letter of recommendation:
- Can you really be adequately assessed by the staff of our department or do other departments know you better?
- Do you meet the requirements (grades, commitment, etc.) for possible funding? We only support suitable students with a letter of recommendation.
- Without having already completed at least one seminar at the chair (i.e. the grade must already be available), we cannot issue you with an letter of recommendation.
- A personal interview can significantly improve the quality of your review. You should therefore be prepared to explain your motivation for applying and to outline your personal suitability in an interview.
- Please allow at least four weeks from the time you submit your complete documents until the letter is completed.
- Together with your initial request for a letter of recommendation, please send the following documents to the lecturer by e-mail:
- Curriculum vitae
- Current transcript of records
- All forms and instructions provided by the institution to which you are applying. As reports are required in different formats by different institutions, it is your responsibility to inform us about the relevant requirements
- An approx. one-page letter of motivation in which you describe the purpose of your application and explain your personal suitability