Chair of Sociology
Prof. Bach, Ph.D.
Head of chair
- Studies of Sociology and Political Science at Hannover University (M.A. in Sociology, 1982)
- Ph.D. fellow of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) at the European University Institute in Florence (1984–1987)
- Assistant Researcher at the European University Institute in Florence, Dept. of Political and Social Science (1987-1989)
- Ph.D. Degree at the European University Institute in Florence (1989), on the basis of a doctoral thesis on Charisma and Bureaucracy. Head Organisation of Leader Centered Dictatorships in the German "Third Reich" and in the Italian Faschism; published 1990 by Nomos Verlag, Baden-Baden, as "Die charismatischen Führerdiktaturen. Drittes Reich und italienischer Faschismus im Vergleich ihrer Herrschaftsstrukturen"; supervisors: Phillipe C. Schmitter, M. Rainer Lepsius, Birgitta Nedelmann
- Postdoc at the Institute of Sociology (Prof. M. Rainer Lepsius) and at the Research Group on Modern Social History at Heidelberg University (1989 -1991)
- Postdoc at the Chair of Sociology (Prof. Dr. Horst Baier) of Konstanz University, Faculty of Social Sciences (1991-1996)
- Postdoctoral Lecture Qualification (Habilitation) in sociology received 1996 from the Faculty of Social Sciences at Konstanz University. (Venia legendi: Sociology).
- Professor (substitute) at the Institute of Sociology at Heidelberg University (1997-2000)
- Full Professor for Sociology at Passau University (since October 2000)
- Director of the Research Centre on basics in Cultural Studies (Forschungsstelle kulturwissenschaftliche Grundlagen) at Passau University from September 2005 to September 2006
- Speaker of the Section Sociology of Europe of the German Sociological Association (GSA) since October 2008
- Co-Editor of the "Zeitschrift für Politik" (ZfP) (Journal of Political Science), Organ of the Academy of Political Science in München since August 2008
- Visiting Professor in the USA (Western Michigan University), Switzerland (University of Zurich), Brazil (Universidade Federal Juiz de Fora; Sao Paulo, USP; Universidade Federal Rio de Janeiro) and in Italy (Trent, and Rome "La Sapienza").