Faculty of Arts and Humanities
International Visiting Scholar Programme - Lecture
International visiting scholar programme
- Any faculty member employed in a teaching capacity may propose a visiting scholar under this programme.
- Minimum of each stay: 14 days
- Minimum of lecture: 1 -2 contact hours per semester with the possibility to get ECTS credits and exam.
- Remuneration for teaching assignments is capped at EUR 1,500 per visiting scholar, with an additional EUR 500 for guests from EU member states or EUR 750 (non-EU) paid as a travel allowance on top of the remuneration. This funding can be combined with funds from other sources, such as programmes from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), other subsidising programmes and/or external funds from third parties,
- The Remuneration is paid after the visit and after the agreed acomplishment of lecture.
- Only one request per inviting party per semester is admissible.
- The chair making the invitation is generally responsible for looking after the visiting scholar during their stay at the University. Support for accomodation and further organisation offers the Welcome Centre of the University of Passau.
- You should send the visiting scholars funding request form twice to the Dean's Office by 15th of July for invitations for the subsequent winter semester or 15th of January for visits taking place in the subsequent summer semester.
- We recommend to take out a travel cancellation insurance.
- For questions please contact Lydia Gräfenstein, Phone: +49 851 509 2629 or Maria Fuchs, Phone: +49 851 509 2609.
Overview of our guests since start of the programme.