The chair is responsible for school pedagogics training in the School of Education (focus on "Realschule", equivalent to a middle-school track) as well as educational science within the Bachelor of Education and the Master of Education. In addition, the chair offers supplementary educational seminars in the fields of competence acquisition and extracurricular pedagogy to the regular School of Education students.
The research focuses on empirical methods in classroom and teachers' research; currently studying empirical learning task research and teacher training Research.
The responsibilities of the chair fall into two categories
- Middle-school track pedagogy and didactics
- Educational and extracurricular teaching and learning
Middle-school track pedagogy responsibilities
- School pedagogics modules for the Master of Education
- School pedagogics modules for the Bachelor of Education within the middle- school teaching track
- Concerns about the pedagogy state exam B.Ed. and classical middle-school teaching track exam
- Support for internships in classical middle-school teaching track and B.Ed.
- Student counseling for middle-school teaching track and B.Ed.
Educational and extracurricular teaching and learning responsibilities
- School pedagogics modules for the Master of Education (M.Ed.)
- Concerns about the Master of Education (M.Ed.) exams
- Support for internships in the Master of Education
- Student counseling (M.Ed.)
- Doctoral studies
- Support for master Thesis
- Support for admission thesis